To generate your CSR, you will need to log in to your server and use the following instructions:
- Open the MMC (Microsoft Management Console).
- Expand the 'Internet Information Server' and then expand your server name.
- Open the 'Properties' of the website you require the CSR for. Do this by right-clicking on the website.
- Open 'Directory Security'.
- Under the 'Secure Communcations' area, choose 'Key manager' and select 'Create a New Key'.
- Fill out your information. The following characters are not allowed: ! @ # $ % ^ * ( ) ~ ? > < & / \
- Click 'Next' until you complete the process. Answer 'Yes' to saving any changes.
- Open the CSR file that was created with a text-editor (usually notepad). Copy the contents of the file, from:
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----
-----END CERTIFICATE REQUEST-----Paste this information into the enrollment form when requested.